Friday, July 31, 2015

Remade dresser...

Hi Everyone!  Today I'm reaching into my stash of things I've made in the last year that I haven't shared with you yet.  My dear friend Lynett picked up some dressers for me last year and I headed over one Saturday (last year) to pick them up from her.
Isn't it great!  Only problem is, when I got home the top drawer was missing.  I made one stop between my friend's house and home...at Menards.  And when I came out of the store, the drawer was missing.  I was upset, but I knew how to fix the problem...I shortened the dresser.
 I took the top off of the dresser and cut it down just above the divider between the 1st and 2nd drawers.  And then reattached the top.
 I added these side pieces to fill the slightest gap at the top and because there was just a little veneer damage at the bottom.
Then I custom mixed a very pretty shade of blue/gray and painted it.  Then waxed it.  I cleaned up the original hardware and reattached them.  And I love how it turned out.  You wouldn't even know it had originally been a four drawer dresser.  I took it with me to the Clarinda Fair and it sold as I was setting up my booth.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment :

  1. are you kidding me? someone stole the drawer while you were in the store? man oh man!

    I love your creativeness to fix that problem. :) my favorite thing is cutting up furniture. lol

    ReplyDelete