Saturday, April 6, 2013

Painted windmill blades...

Hi Everyone!  I tried working out in the shop today but it was so windy that it sounded like the roof was going to detach, so I couldn't stay out there for very long.  But I did manage to get a few things built.  The push is on for the Arbor Fair (the last weekend in April).  Tonight I thought I'd show the before and after shot of the windmill blades I got about a month ago.
 I saw it at a sale and just had to have it for the garden bed underneath my picture window.
I knew when I bought it that I was going to paint it red.  I got the Rustoleum spray paint out in Colonial Red and went to town.
 I painted three coats on the front and back and then finished it off with a clear gloss coat to help protect it from the elements.
I had to put it out in the garden bed to see what it would look like.  And now I just need for it to get a bit warmer so I can put out the flowers.  I have some other plans too, but those will have to wait.  I need to get back to work.  So much to do and the time is flying by.  Thanks for stopping by.



3 comments :

  1. I agree with Korrie--you know I've been wanting some red in my life. :)

    can't wait to see it with the flowers.

    have a great week Holly!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you took a break from working so hard to give us a quick update. The windmill blades are such a bold and lovely color. I can't wait to see what they look like with flowers and plants around them.

    ReplyDelete