Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Free stuff....

Hi Everyone!  I'm still trying to recover from this weekend. Tonight I thought I'd share with you the great new free items I got last week from work.  I work at a plumbing shop and in the backroom there's one of those to die for cabinets with lots of drawers and cubbies on top that we all drool over.  Well, two weeks ago the guys decided the drawers just weren't working for them anymore and they destroyed it.  I wish I had been able to take a before picture.  It was fabulous.  I ask the guy destroying altering it what the plan was for the drawers.  And the answer was to break them up and put them in the dumpster.  So I asked my bosses if I could buy the drawers and to my surprise, I was told that I could have them.
 There are 6 of these drawers and 8 others that haven't been emptied yet, but I'll get to have those too.
 These large drawers are almost 36" x 30".  The wood is solid, thick and heavy.
 The middle size drawer is 24" x 30" and the small ones are 14" x 30".
The bottom of each drawer is old bead board and in really great shape.

They all still have their handles and label markers.  I have ideas for some of them and can't wait to show you, but I'd be interested in hearing what you'd do with them.  Now I must get to work on some custom orders.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments :

  1. Who cares what I would do with those wonderful wood drawers. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great find!!! heavy wooden drawers... so many possibilities! shelves, rolling crates, tables....I can't wait to see what you do with them.
    gail

    ReplyDelete