Thursday, June 7, 2012

A trio of dandelions....

Hi Everyone!  I hope you are all having a wonderful week.  It's been warm and windy here.  I haven't gotten much accomplished the last couple of days but I did finish my trio of dandelion paintings that I shared with you here.  Thanks so much for all the advice and encouragement.  Well....I think I finished it.  Or at least as finished as I'm going to get for now.

This is what they looked like before...
Pretty flat and dull....
 I put a darker blue wash on it....
 I sanded them...
 ...and then I put an antique medium over them....
 ...and these are the results...
 ...this one looks better in person than in this picture...maybe a tad too much light here....
I like them so much better now.  They don't look that flat anymore and the color reminds me of old denim jeans...always comfortable.  I only have one problem with them now...since I changed the color of blue, they don't go with my bedroom very well.  The blues are completely different now and I don't like them where I wanted to put them.  So, that means I need to find another place for them and make something else to go in my bedroom.  Maybe something with a red background.... Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to:
Photobucket

6 comments :

  1. I'm sorry they don't go in the bedroom any more Holly, but I love the extra layers.
    Now your lovely hand-painted details really pop - great job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look positively gorgeous.. but you know me, I haven't ever seen anything you do that I don't just love.. I liked them "flat" ...LOL

    Great job Holly

    Carri

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trio! You did a great job, they are so pretty. I like them a lot.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job transforming the pictures. They really look good. Hope you find just the right place to hang them now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh holly the color is perfect. I love that they look like denim (my favorite color!)

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had one 'wish', after seeing how amazing your dandelion pictures are, it would be that I had half as much talent as you, obviously, do.

    ReplyDelete