Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Smallest coffee table ever....

Hi Everyone!  I hope you are having a great Tuesday!  I will of course be working out in the shop this morning....but it's going to be warm today so I'll be moving the work inside the house this afternoon.  I wanted to show you what I did with the world's smallest coffee table ever built.  Okay, maybe not the world's smallest, but it is pretty small.

Do you remember this sneak peek that I shared with you last week?....It's made from reclaimed cedar that my grandfather had saved and stored in the barn.  Judging by the coloring, the tight grain and how dry it is....it's old.  Really old.
And this is what I ended up doing for the feet.  It's different than I had wanted to do because I gave it's new owner a choice and this is what she liked best....all straight lines instead of the curve I had wanted to put on the feet.  I'll save that look for a different table I'd like to build.


It's a very simple table that my client is going to use on her small deck as a coffee table.  But it could be used as side table or even extra seating for a taller person.
I have put a sealer on it to bring out the color and grain and then it will be going to it's new home in the next day or two.  Not what I had originally envisioned for it, but if it works for the client, then it works for me.  Now I really need to get out to the shop since it's already almost 70 degrees out.  I need to finish the bench I started last Tuesday and then I need to put together a couple more wood canvases and a couple of picture frames.  Don't forget the All Star Block Party that I will have the pleasure of co-hosting with four other great ladies.  Thanks for stopping by.

Linking to:
Photobucket

6 comments :

  1. Hi, I'm your newest follower from New House! All Star Block Party Blog Hop! Love your site! It would be great if you could follow me back at http://lifeofblocks.blogspot.com/
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! We need a small table for our deck and something like this would be perfect. I would love it if you would share this on my linky party Tout It Tuesday. http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/06/tout-it-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This table is precious. I would love for you to post it on my link party at... http://www.doodlesandstitches.com/2012/06/fabulous-friday-link-party-5.html. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches. It's such a sweet table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I love the size. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete