Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Random things...

Hi Everyone!  I don't have a finished project to share with you today.  I have finished a couple of pieces of artwork, but it's too dark to photograph them now, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.  Instead, I have a couple of random things.....and some random pics from past posts....
Do you ever look at your Stats pages and are you ever surprised by what you see?  I normally stay away from those pages because I really don't want to get caught up in the number of page views, but every now and then I look.
The last couple of times I've looked I've been surprised to see that Russia is the second most viewing country of my blog.  And I'm intrigued.  I wasn't surprised that the US was first, that makes sense to me.  Russia has been second the last few times I've looked.  The United Kingdom is third.  So here's a shout out to all of those reading this outside the US.  Thanks so much!  It's humbling.
And most of the time the Keywords aren't surprising, but every now and then there's a surprising one.  Like this one....... pinky tuscadero volkswagen beetle from happy days....now how did this one get to me, not just once, but twice.  I saw this and started laughing.  Although I think I might have mentioned Pinky once as an answer to a question.  I get a lot of them for headboard benches which totally makes sense to me. What are some of the strangest keywords you've seen?
I've noticed some very strange traffic sources and often wonder how that ever directed anyone to my blog, especially after clicking on them.  Have you checked out your traffic sources lately?
And completely off the topic of the Stat pages, I just thought I'd update you on the condition of my Father.  If you've been reading for a while you know my father has had some health issues, you can read about those here, here, and here.  A week from this Friday, the 22nd, he is going back in to the hospital for surgery to repair his Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA).  First he had to wait four weeks before having the AAA repaired but then they pushed it back to six weeks but by the time they got it scheduled, it will end up being seven weeks.  And boy is he ready to get this taken care of.
So if you could please keep my dad in your thoughts and prayers, I would really appreciate it.  Well, I think that's enough randomness today.  Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments :

  1. yeah, I'm a stats junkie! hahaha I think it's funny what people google.
    Wishing your dad the very best. Lots and lots of prayers coming from here for him, your mom and YOU!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of the old toy truck. Pinky Tuscadero! Now she brings back Happy Days memories. I will keep your dad and family in my prayers as Father's Day approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photos and you and your dad and your family with be in my prayers...

    Carri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look at stats occasionally - it's all very bemusing, so I try not to reason anything, because it never makes any sense !
    All good wishes to you and your family - I'll be thinking of you all, on the 22nd.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Russians are coming!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stats make me crazy, but sometimes I'll peek at the search terms. Love your photos, and prayers for your dad.

    ReplyDelete