Sunday, April 15, 2012

A baseboard sign...

Hi Everyone!  I hope you are all having a great weekend.  We made it through the storms, now if the wind would just stop blowing!  I need to explain my absence last week.  I had every intention of sharing some of the new things I finished after getting my saw repaired, but things just didn't happen the way I had planned.  I had orders to fill (which is a really good thing) but I was a bad blogger.  I didn't get pictures taken of all the those orders.  So I didn't have anything to share.

Here's a section of baseboard I was given a while back by my aunt Barb.  It's old but in great shape.  And this is what I did with it....
I painted it with ASCP in Old White.  Then sanded it.
I added these pegs to it.  The pegs are from the spindles of an antique Jenny Lind headboard that my aunt Barb gave me that was in pieces.  I cut them apart and turned them into pegs.
Then I hand painted the numbers above the pegs.


I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I will be taking this to the craft fair in a couple of weeks.  The only thing I have left to do is add the hangers on the back.

I started working on a bench last week but haven't been able to get back to it.  I need to finish that and make another one for the fair.  Hopefully the wind will die down so I can be out in the shop this week.  I have a lot to do.  Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments :

  1. wish i could paint free-hand like u do... it's awesome!
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  2. How often does that happen to everyone.... get so wrapped up in getting something started that there are no before photos. Raising my hand for that one.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute! I love using those bits and pieces as pegs! Good luck getting it all done before the fair. :)

    I want to do a couple of benches (twins). I started to do one the other day, but I couldn't figure how what I wanted to use for the front legs (it's only a headboard)
    ttyl
    gail

    ReplyDelete