Monday, March 19, 2012

Footstool remake....

Hi Everyone!  Happy Monday!  I hope your week is off to a great start.  My parents arrived home last night.  Yeah!  They are tired and have lots to catch up on.  While they were gone, I remade my dad's footstool.  But I thought I'd better wait to share it with you until after he had a chance to see it.

Do you remember the footstool I made for my mom?  In case you missed it, you can check it out here.
It looked like this.
 This little footstool used to be my mom's but my dad took it over (that's why I had to make a new one for my mom).  Nothing wrong with it really, except that my dad ripped the seam on the top.
 It's hard to tell in this picture but the seam running from top to bottom is ripped and the button is missing it's cover.  So I decided while they were gone to fix it for them.  I started by removing the cushion from the base.  Then I mixed up some chalk paint to make black and painted the base.  Sorry I couldn't find the pictures I took of this step.  Then I removed the cushion using the leftover fabric from my mom's footstool.  So no new money spent on this redo.
 Then I reattached the top to the base.  And here it is sitting in my parent's living room, just waiting to be used.
My parents noticed it right away when they got home.  Now the pair of footstools look like they belong together.  They aren't exactly the same but they do look good together...just like my parents.  Thanks for stopping by.

Linking to:
http://missmustardseed.com/2012/03/furniture-feature-friday-feature-link-party/ 

5 comments :

  1. You did a great job! They look pretty dog on good together I would say! Super Super Sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that just makes me say awwwww. That last line is soo sweet!
    nice job for sure on the footstool. (I love to put my feet up too)
    I guess it means warm weather is on the say since the snowbirds flew home?
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Gail on this...awwwwwwwwww How very sweet of you to do that for them. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the sweet comments guys! Can you tell I've missed having them around?...Glad the snowbirds have returned!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete