Monday, March 12, 2012

At the farm and signs....

Hi Everyone!  I hope your week is off to a great start!  The weather was good by mid afternoon and into the evening, so when I got home from work I got started on a couple of new projects.  Tomorrow is my day off but I need to make a run to see my headboard supplier so my shop time will be cut down tomorrow.  I started four projects tonight so hopefully by tomorrow night I'll have at least one finished to share with you.  But tonight, I'm going to share a couple of odds and ends with you.

First off, last week I caught some pictures here on the farm that I thought I'd show you.
 From a distance, this almost looks like a funny looking cloud.
 But it's actually thousands of Canadian and Snow geese.  They are flying around and landing in the field to the west of my farm. 
It's really an amazing sight.  And the sound they make....my dogs and I sat outside watching and listening to them for a while.  My chocolate labs were intently watching and waiting.  They really wanted to go retrieve them.
And here are some flying overhead.  We have a pair that nest every year at our pond.  I thought about heading down there to get a picture, but I didn't want to disturb them.  I saw them from the road the other day, but I was without my camera.
 I made a couple of other signs this weekend.  I had an order for the Joy in your Life sign.  They wanted it in off white and only lightly distressed.  I'm waiting to hear back to see if they like it so I can get it in the mail.
And here is the sign I made for the winner of my blog anniversary giveaway.  I will be putting this in the mail tomorrow.  I hope they enjoy it!  I must get this boxed up and ready to go.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment :