Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Valentine's Day!  In honor of this holiday, I thought I'd share another valentine inspired project.  Unfortunately, the pictures I took of this accidentally got deleted.  I thought I had imported them so I hit delete all on my camera and then realized I had not imported them at all.  I retook the pictures of the finished project, so I do have that to share.
 I made this Love sign.  I had these wooden letters in my stash of supplies.  I cut a board to size that the letters are attached to.
 I put a dab of glue on each letter, then tacked them in place using my nail gun and then went back and put at least one screw in each letter. 
 Once it dried, I painted it red.  Then put a clear coat over the top.  Easy as can be.
 Then I had fun putting this vignette together.  I made each one of these things except the grapevine tree and the metal bird.
 I thought the touch of black of the XO letters helped break up all the red.

 I made this last year with a couple hundred mini white cupcake liners.
The fabric heart and the framed birds I made last month.  And the little box that the bird frame is sitting on I made earlier this month.  So there's my official Valentine decor.  I hope you have a great day and get tons of valentine's.  Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments :

  1. Your Valentine decor is so pretty. A very lovely vignette. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, that's a sweet vignette. :)

    pictures? oh my! yesterday I spent a huge amount of time looking for pictures, now I don't even remember how I found them, but I did. I try so hard to make it easy on myself, but I get so busy....
    have a great day!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vignette. Love the LOVE sign. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, hearts, hugs and kisses...this Ozark Farm Chick is feelin' the love here!!!

    What a great job you did with the Valentine's vignette!!!

    God bless ya and have a wonderful Valentine's Day from the happy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower from the link up follower on Created by Cori. I love supporting fellow bloggers and am looking forward to more of your creations. I would love to have you check out my blog and follow me too!

    http://scrappindhilly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I just came over from the blog hop. You've got some pretty pretty Valentine birds :)

    ReplyDelete