Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A snowman....already?....

Hi Everyone! And no, we don't have snow here or anything, but I've been dealing with Christmas and winter themes since August in preparation for the craft fair season.  I wanted to share with you one of the things I made and took to the Clarinda Craft Carnival.  Meet Hank the Snowman Post.  I started making these last year for my mom and my bosses' wives.  Hank is made from an old post that my Grandfather had saved from the farm.  He has a hat with a bell hanging on the end and a snowflake to finish it off.  He also has his scarf  and gloves in case it's just too cold out.
Hank is painted white with an antique glaze and a painted on face.  Hank enjoyed greeting all the folks at the Clarinda Craft Carnival last week but sadly, no one bought Hank.  So he came home with me and we'll try again at the Red Cross Fair in a couple of weeks.  Maybe someone there will want to take him home.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment :

  1. Hank is so cute! :) too bad nobody adopted him, Hopefully at the next one!
    you are so creative!
    gail

    ReplyDelete