Sunday, October 9, 2011

Completed storage bench...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Sunday!  Since I'm working out in the shop today finishing up on the three headboard benches that I've been working on, I thought I'd show you how one turned out that I shared with you about two months ago.  I finally completed it.  Do you remember how it looked?  It has storage in it.  Well, I finally got around to painting it.
Don't mind the cattle in the background.  I forgot to take a picture of it before I took it to my last craft fair.
I'm happy with how it turned out, but I think it might be too much for the people around here.  I took it to the fair in Red Oak a few weeks ago and I had a lot of interest in it and lots of comments on how much they loved it, but no one loved it enough to take it home with them.  I'm taking it to the Clarinda Craft Carnival and hopefully someone there will love it.  Otherwise, I think I might have to repaint it.  I'll let you know what happens.  Do you think it's too "out there"?  I've never painted a scene on a bench before.  I painted it with Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Country Grey and then I painted the tree limbs and birds in black.  I wanted them to look more like a shadow falling across the bench than a detailed scene.  I'll just have to see how it goes next weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments :

  1. Holly- Love the bench, and I like the painting, but not sure I like the painting ON the bench. I think it narrows down the "perfect" place for someone to place it.
    Ohhh, I wish I were working in the shop! Cleaning on the basement. I am going to get some projects done tomorrow for glendale. I MUST get some done. :)

    good luck at your show!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did an amazing job, I could never free-hand like that! I think Gail has a valid point...it may need something simpler so it has broader appeal. But the perfect buyer may show up next week! I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. couldn't get your button to show up on my side bar but I tried ???

    ReplyDelete