Saturday, September 3, 2011

Modified headboard bench....

Hi Everyone!  I hope you are all having a great weekend.  I wanted to show you how my modified bench turned out.  Do you remember this?  I added the feet to the arms and the finials to the back after cutting off the wing shapes from the posts.  This bench was ordered by a client so she wanted it black and the name Jensen on the back.  It is a gift for her sister-in-law.
Here it is laying on it's back while I paint the letters on.
And here it is finished.
 Now that it's all uniform in color, the added pieces look more like they belong.
 And the cushion was made by my mother.  She refers to the work I give her as coming from Donna's Do It Shop.  Thanks Mom!  This fabric has been the most popular fabric for bench cushions.  And it's my mom's favorite.
My client came this week and picked it up and seemed very happy with it.  I just hope her sister-in-law likes it.  I hope you all have a great weekend.  My brother and his family are here.  But I will be busy getting ready for the Essex Labor Day Market on Monday!  I have a few things left to finish for that craft fair and then two weeks from today is the Red Oak Craft Fair that I have a whole big long list of items to finish.  No matter how well I think I have things planned out, it always seems like I'm in a rush the last couple of weeks.  And this year the three + week heat wave and the storm clean up didn't help my schedule.  Every year I try to avoid this rush to get things done and every year I can't avoid it.  There is always next year.  Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments :

  1. Oh My Gosh! That turned out GREAT! I have a twin head board / foot board set waiting for it to cool down (we've been consistently over 100° lately). I've been considering "raising" the front legs (just as you did) but obviously haven't actually gotten to it! It's great to see that it will work!! (Hopefully mine will turn out as great as yours did!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bench! It's fabulous!
    good luck getting ready for your show, have fun with the fam!
    gail

    ReplyDelete