Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Message or photo center....

Hi Everyone!  Happy Tuesday!  I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend.  I sure did.  I'll share the items I finished this weekend and show you some pictures from the Labor Day Market I went to in the next few days.  But first I wanted to show you one of the things I've been working on.  I found this frame hanging in my garage.  I don't know where it came from or why my grandfather put it in the garage, but I'm sure glad that he did! 

 I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk paint in Old White.  Then I sanded it and waxed it. 
 And added nails to the back of the frame and strung black wire in a grid pattern.
And added mini clips to the intersection of the wires.  I found the clips at Hobby Lobby for $2.99.  I've had them in my stash of items for a while now.  I don't know what made me get them, but I'm sure glad that I did.
 And here's how it turned out.  It can be used to hold messages or photos.
Or anything else you might want to attach and display.  I have today off work and must get out in the shop so I can get ready for the Red Oak Craft Fair next weekend.  More to come soon!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment