Monday, August 22, 2011

Old books and a couple of stools...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Monday.  I want to show you the stack of books that my mom gave me.  She picked some of them up at a library sale, some at garage sales and others at Goodwill.  She used some of them as interesting lifts for decorating but decided she was storing too many of them that weren't being used.  So she offered them to me.  Uh, yes please!    And the stools I picked up at Wal-Mart for my kitchen island.  The plan is to paint them and put padded seats on them, but they are going to have to wait until after these first couple of craft fairs are over before I'll do anything with them, besides sit on them at the kitchen island.  (That's why I haven't had the big reveal yet).

So what would you do with a stack of old books?  Make book bundles of course.  I thought they'd be good "fillers" for the craft fairs.  I know anyone can make them and it doesn't take any special talent, but lets face it, some people just aren't the do it themselves kind of people, even though they know they could.  I like these kinds of people.  They help make my business work.  Even though I won't make much on these (unlike PB, charging $37 for a bundle of books) it adds to the bottom line and helps fill my booth space out and might lead to someone buying something else.  And that's a good thing.  So here's my version of the book bundle.

 I left the covers on the more interesting ones.  And then added the fabric tie and the antique key.

And here they all are, boxed up and ready to go to the craft fair!  Well, have a great week everyone!  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment :

  1. super filler! I have some at my booth, I guess I should take some to my show. Thanks for the inspiration.
    gail

    ReplyDelete