Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Aunt Nancy's Chair....

Hi Everyone!  Happy Tuesday!  I wanted to share with you the Queen Anne style chair remake that I just finished.  My aunt Nancy gave me this chair along with it's four "sister" chairs that do not have arms.  They (Nancy and her husband Larry) were cleaning out a garage and they had these five chairs she had been saving but knew she wouldn't do anything with them, so she offered them to me for FREE!  Absolutely!  And you'll deliver them to the farm too!  Please and thank you!  They have been sitting in my storage room for about five years, waiting for me to do something with them.  So I got this big brother out the other day and decided it was time! 

 So here it is in all it's grimy, dirty glory!  First thing is to wipe it down and get to the wood.
Second thing is to take that seat off.  It's a good chair with the spring support that is in decent shape.  The only thing missing on the chair is the button on the side of the arm.  But that can be easily fixed.  It's sturdy so structurally I don't have to do anything to it.  It's "sister" chairs need a little work.

And there it is.  Finished and ready to go to the craft fair.  I used my favorite bench cushion fabric on it and really liked how it turned out.  I painted it using Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Old White.  Then sanded it a bit and waxed it.  Well, must get back out to the shop.  I still have a few things to finish before the Labor Day craft fair.  Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments :

  1. I love a good chair makeover!
    Good luck getting it all done (well, I don't think we ever get it ALL done)
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Beautifully done:-)

    Amy Jackson
    www.houseofjacksons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete