Thursday, July 7, 2011

A sign of my own...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Thursday!  I made myself a sign.  I needed a sign to take with me to Craft Fairs so I took my logo and put it on an old piece of wood shelving that my grandfather had put up in the third bedroom of the farmhouse.  It went the width of the room since there was no closet in this room and he had taken out the closet for the room next door and needed a place to store items for both rooms.  I took it down after I moved in and put up a new closet and have been using portions of that shelving for a while now and this is the last piece.  I didn't have to cut it down at all, it was the perfect size and shape.  This logo is also on my business cards.

I painted the board cream, then sketched the logo on and hand painted it all.  Then I put an antique glaze over it and let it dry.  I sanded the edges a bit, but not much.  I was planning on hanging it, but now I think I'm going to make a base so it can stand on it's own and then a topper, just to give it a uniform look.  I think I'll do the base and top in black.  I didn't want to wait to show you since I was so happy with how it turned out and I just decided to do the base.  Well, thanks for stopping by.

Don't forget to sign up for the sign giveaway!  Click here.

4 comments :

  1. Love the sign but then you've got to know what a huge fan I am of recycled wood signs. Loved that it has sentimental meaning to you.
    Thanks for stopping by Holley!
    -Bethanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I meant Holly. Did you know my last name is Holley?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sign! and I'm such a sentimental sap, that I of course love where the wood came from.
    great job! It will get people's attention at shows for sure!
    gail

    ReplyDelete